MegageM's Flyer Power-Edit Controller with Flyer Project Time-Line and EDL
Added Viewable Picture of AV8R's Hardware Edit Controller Below!
AV8R Original 'Standard' Version
Full EDL file output and many new features.
AV8R is a pleasing and powerful alternative clip editing user interface for
NewTek's Flyer system.
AV8R offers many unique convenience features which speed your Flyer edit sessions!
AV8R turns previously tedious audio sync-to-video trial and error chores into instant, interactive fun!
AV8R COMPLEMENTS the Flyer's own software and fills in where you want help the most!
AV8R is FAST, POWERFUL, EASY to use and SIMPLE to learn!
AV8R gives you COOL features in a convenient all-in-one package:
- A VCR-like Project Clip Edit-Controller Panel GUI
- Play, Stop, and *Pause Buttons
- *Play Edited Clip from Inpoint to Outpoint or Play Whole Clip
- *Fast/Slow Forward and Reverse Shuttle Buttons
- *Real Time Code Readouts of Program Time AND Clip Time during pause/jog/shuttle operations.
- *Moving 'cursor line' on the timeline display in pause/jog/shuttle operations.
- *Jog Forward and Reverse Buttons
- *Time Code Readouts of Program Time AND Clip Time when paused/jogging/shuttling.
- *Static/stationary 'cursor line' on the timeline display when paused/jogging/shuttling.
- *Set InPoint and OutPoint Buttons (direct to your Flyer Project!)
- *Jump to InPoint and OutPoint Buttons (yes, JUMP to a VIEW of individual frames)
- *Jump to Clip Start and Clip End Buttons
- *Jump to any point in a clip by clicking on it in AV8R's timeline!
- *Save full set of EDL data (all crouton in/out data) to a ram:EDL text file.
- *Instantly 'sync' audio or CG to video.
- *Instantly 'sync' ANY event to ANY program time.
- *Instantly 'shift' any event by a fixed time interval.
- *All this WITHOUT having to tediously open and close 'control panels'!
- *Do your Flyer clip editing with a (optional) real hardware controller!
* items in the above list are advanced AV8R functions and features that you don't get on
the Flyer software or any other support product for the Flyer! The 'live' program time timecode
readouts during shuttling and jogging are indispensable features in AV8R you can't get in
ANY other Flyer-related product.
Imagine, you simply select a clip from the available text list, tell it to start shuttling,
and INSTANTLY you see a moving cursor on the timeline display AND true program-time and clip-time
TIME CODE readouts! PAUSE at any time, and simply click on the Set Inpoint or Set Outpoint buttons!
AV8R transforms your Flyer editing session into a FAST, FUN process, but there's MORE...
Instantly Sync Audio Events to Video Events!
- Play a video clip and pause where you want an audio event to 'sync in'
- Select an audio clip and pause where the 'Foley' moment needs to sync to the video
- Press a key or button and INSTANT sync of your audio to your video event!
- You can now RAPIDLY sync in a series of sound effects into a video clip WITHOUT
- This feature also applies to CG event starting points - instantly sync CG to video!
NEW in Version 1.03 - Instantly Sync ANY Event to ANY Time Point!
- At any time, simply press X to 'memorize' that program time code.
- Click on another clip, still, CG, etc.
- Press W to 'jam' the X time to the 'locked start time' of the selected item.
NEW in Version 1.03 - Instantly 'Shift' Any Event
- Use X and Y keys to memorize two program times
- Select another item in the timeline
- Use Z key to 'shift' the selected item by 'X-Y' quantity!
NEW in Version 1.03 - Instantly JUMP to ANY point in ANY Clip!
- Click on a clip's timeline bar
- AV8R instantly 'pauses' at that moment in that clip
- Video clip 'paused' moment instantly displays.
- Audio clip 'paused' moment ready for action.
- Program and Clip time for that moment instantly display.
- AV8R LETS YOU USE A OPTIONAL HARDWARE Edit Controller with Jog Wheel!
View a picture of the edit controller below!
This duplicates most of the functions of the on-screen panel with
a convenient hardware unit that just plugs right into your Amiga's
serial port. Plug it in and it works with AV8R instantly. Now you can
use professional editors' most important tool - real hardware
edit controls - on your Flyer. Editing? Simple! Click the Play button,
click the Pause button - then click the Set InPoint button! Easy and
NO MOUSE to fumble with and NO 'CONTROL PANELS' to open and close
just to accomplish a simple edit!
For Flyer owners on a budget, AV8R is also available as a
software-only version with the same features, and at a VERY economical
- A Text List of up to 16 Croutons from Your Project
- See crouton names and important time code settings for your project.
- Glide through your project with a slider or using the arrow keys.
- Step up or down the displayed list to:
- Select which clip to edit - and
- Simultaneously highlight it on the timeline display!
- Instantly save ALL the project EDL data to a ram:EDL text file!
- A Time-Line Display of your Project!
- View your Flyer Project on a clear, comprehensive time line display!
- The time-line view is updated almost instantaneously as you edit.
- Under the Hood ...
- AV8R incorporates many of the technology advances of MegageM's FlyerCOM
Arexx command engine for the Flyer.
- Instantly access AV8R directly from the Flyer System's 'Programs' Popup.
- You can PAUSE a clip while
it is playing - and set an in/out point on the spot!
- You can play either a whole clip or only its edited segment.
- Jump to (and instantly view) paused views of the in/out points!
- and ... more!
- For super-fast operation, compactness, and efficiency -
AV8R is 100% assembly language!
- To top it off, you get ALL of the proven, fast, and powerful
YBT timeline technology built into AV8R.
Any one of these great AV8R features would make it worth the price.
Only $499.95 INCLUDING the Wired Remote Edit Controller!
Only $249.95 for the software-only version.
NOW INCLUDED FREE WITH MegaClasX CDROM!
View the AV8R Edit Controller Hardware Unit
It just keeps getting better...
AV8R Edit Controller Hardware Unit Image
(300x200, 256-color GIF, 29KB)
Thank You for visiting the MegageM Digital Media AV8R Page!
Come back soon ...
<<-- Back to MegageM Home Page