Welcome to MegageM's FractalPro in Java Page
Super Fractal Art and Animation for PC
Mandelbrot, Julia, and 6 other types of Fractals
Animation Sequencing for 8 Pan Motions and ZoomIn/Out.
FractalPro Java Program and Docs are COPYRIGHT 1998 - All Rights Reserved.
All features are implemented in this web-trial applet version except that
you are limited to 280x210 image size and no file load/save or animation
sequence saving. The applet version of course also runs slower than the
fully compiled super-fast version you can purchase for only $29.95.
Or order the full program with free updates for $49.95 and get the FractalPro
Image Library CDROM (beautiful collection of images) included.
FractalPro is also available for the Amiga
The FractalPro Image Library CDROM is a
beautiful CDROM collection of over 350 FractalPro images.
FractalPro The Movie is a 38-minute video
of spectacular fractal animation art for only $49.95.
This Java Applet is your free trial version of MegageM's popular FractalPro. You don't
need to download anything - it's here for you to try FREE on the net. Order the
super-fast compiled full program version (not an applet) for your PC (Windows 95/98/NT)
for only $29.95 (or with free updates for $49.95). The full version
allows all screen sizes and file load/save as well as animation
sequence auto-saving. Super-fast fractal fun for only $29.95/$49.95.
Quick-Start How-To For The FractalPro Java Applet
- FractalPro starts automatically with two windows:
- The FractalPro Controls Window
- 280x210 pixel FractalPro Image Window
- FractalPro automatically draws the Mandelbrot Set into the
Image Window when you first begin.
- When the drawing is complete (or if you click on 'Pause'), you
may select a zoom window (ZWin) option by clicking on it.
- Position the zoom window by clicking on the Image Window wherever
you want it centered.
- Click on the 'Draw' button to draw the zoomed area.
- Repeat the zoom process to delve deeper into the Mandelbrot Set.
- As you zoom deeper, you'll need to increase the Count to a higher
value than the default starting value of 64 - otherwise you'll notice
that successive images get less detailed as you zoom in.
- You can also experiment with different Palette options and drawing
modes (stripe mode is quite nice!).
- If you wish to select a different type of Fractal, it is wise to
click on the DefaultXYW button once before you draw with the newly
selected fractal formula. Once you have a good Mandelbrot location, it's
often amusing to switch to the Julia Set and look at that. The Fractal type
selections come in matched 'pairs' - four types of 'Mandelbrot' sets and
their corresponding 'Julia' set mates. Z^4M, for example, is a Z^4 Mandelbrot
set. If you find a cool image there, try switching to Z^4 J to see it's
Julia set partner. Z^3J likewise goes with Z^3M, etc.
- If you wish to zoom in quickly, you can always click on the Pause
button so you don't have to wait for a whole picture to finish to select
the next zoom area.
- You can change Palettes, Count value, and Drawing Mode 'on the fly' while
a picture is being drawn.
- The Resume button continues drawing from the paused location, while
the Draw button always starts a fresh new image.
- To create an 'animation' sequence you select a motion type (Up, Left, etc.),
a motion increment (4/3, 8/6, etc.) and a number of images (1, 2, 4, 8, etc.).
Then click on the Sequence button. To halt a sequence before all of its
pictures have been completed, just click on Sequence once again.
More information on the full set of features is below. If you purchase
FractalPro you'll receive a manual with more information on these features.
This applet is multi-threaded so most ancillary interactions (almost everything except
the coordinate modifiers like Zoom Windows) can be used while drawing is in progress.
FractalPro Java Applet is Copyright 1990-9 by Daniel Wolf, All Rights Reserved.
No copying or distrubution is permitted. It is presented for your free trial
use through this web site for your enjoyment and assessment prior to purchase.
Thank you very much for your visit here and enjoy your fractal explorations with
- Eight Fractal Formulae (4 Mandelbrots and 4 Julias) - may be changed even 'on the fly'
- Z^3 Mandelbrot/Julia
- Z^4 Mandelbrot/Julia
- Sine Mandelbrot/Julia
- Choice of Drawing Window Sizes
- 280x210 pixels (default at start - this is the only size on the applet)
- 320x240 up to 1280x1024 in the full compiled version
If you close the applet's 280x210 window, you can open it again 'fresh' using
the 280x210 size selector.
- Drawing Functions
- Draw - draws a new image from the top
- Pause - pauses the drawing operation in mid-image
- Resume - resumes drawing if paused in mid-image
- Sequence - starts/ends a image sequence (see below)
- Animation Sequencing Functions
- Length (Number of pics in sequence - 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ... 999: default is 1)
- Motion (Eight Pan Directions & Zoom In/Out - default is Left)
- Increment (Amount of motion per pic, 32/24 [coarse] to 4/3 [default, fine])
To start a Sequence, choose Length, Motion, and Increment, then hit Sequence.
To stop a Sequence, hit Sequence again (it'll finish the current image then stop).
- File Load/Save Options (full compiled version only, not in applet)
- Load IFF (loads old FractalPro Amiga pictures and .XYW coordinate files)
- Load and Save BMP pics on PCs (with .XYW coordinate files)
- Load/Save Color Palette and .XYW files
- Color Palette Choices (may be changed 'on the fly' - default is Spectral, 8-bit mode)
- Spectral - a rainbow of 256 colors
- Shade Red - a palette of 256 shades of blue
- Shade Grn - a palette of 256 shades of red
- Shade Blu - a palette of 256 shades of green
- Negative - inverts the count value used in drawing
- Gray - 256 shades of gray
- and many more!
- Coloring Methods (may be changed 'on the fly')
- Normal - Level Set (colored bands) - default
- Binary - Binary Decomposition - checkerboard look
- Stripe - Stripe - continuous potential billowy stripes
- Count/Dwell values from 64 to 65536 selectable by named buttons (64 default)
- Picture Vertical Positioning - found necessary due to different behavior of browsers
- ShiftUp - moves image in drawing window up by 1 pixel
- ShiftDown - moves image in drawing window down by 1 pixels
- Coordinate Selection Tools (use these when 'paused')
- These live-update the MX, MY, MW values if using a Mandelbrot-type Set
- These live-update the JX, JY, JW values if using a Julia-type Set
- Each mouse-click updates the values in the numeric fields
- Mag2X - magnify 2X ref. to image center or your mouse-click location
- ZWin 2X - positionable 2X Zoom Window
- ZWin 4X - positionable 4X Zoom Window
- ZWin 8X - positionable 8X Zoom Window
- ZWin 16X - positionable 16X Zoom Window
- UnMag2X - unmagnify by 2X referenced to image center
- New XYW - READS IN manually entered values from the numeric data fields
- DefaultXYW - resets MX, MY, MW for Mandelbrots (or JX, JY, JW for Julias) to defaults
Thank You for visiting the MegageM Digital Media FractalPro in Java Page -
Come Back Soon!